Is my hearing normal?
The following list of questions, while not exhaustive, will provide good indication of any hearing problems.
- Do you often feel that other people are ‘mumbling’?
- Do you have trouble understanding a conversation when there is background noise?
- Do you need to turn up the volume on the television or radio?
- Do you often ask people to repeat what they have said?
- Do you feel stressed or tired when you have to listen for long periods?
- Do you avoid social gatherings because there is too much noise and you struggle to hear?
- Do friends and family ask if you have a hearing problem?